Product Manager - SharePoint (London)
£400 - £600 per day
Are you a Product Manager, with at least 4 years’ experience in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are currently working with the company responsible for developing, delivering and promoting the most demanding and exciting transport project in Europe with an estimated project cost of £56 billion.
Once fully completed, around 345 miles of new high-speed track will connect the city centres of London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds.
This role will involve forming the vision for their product and engaging with teams and stakeholders in the development of that vision over time. They must use their knowledge of SharePoint along with identifying user needs in order to deliver real business benefits whilst working with the SharePoint development team to set priorities.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the rail sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Define, plan and drive an effective product roadmap working in collaboration with the business
- Creating effective feedback mechanism from stakeholders to build the appropriate backlog
- Apply the right business prioritisation within the product backlog, managing dependencies and working closely with the relevant stakeholders\users
- Own and strengthen relationships with senior business stakeholders and the business sponsors
- Manage the grooming process for a product release, including creation of user stories, UI prototypes, and sprint acceptance criteria
- Maintain and update the Governance, Standards and Guidelines and training documentation
- Manage a close collaboration with Security, Architecture and Infrastructure teams to ensure identity and security is applied consistently and complies to policies where necessary
- Evangelise the use of the SharePoint Online platform for achieving business goals by organising Road Shows, Workshops and Show & Tells
- Understand and manage system quality with regards to simplicity, usability, availability, security and fraud avoidance
- Manage, own and contribute to risk actions associated with the product development and operation
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of managing SharePoint as an Intranet, ECM/DM and collaboration platform
- Deep technical and architectural understanding of administrative and functional capabilities of SharePoint on premise and SharePoint Online.
- Experience of managing SharePoint environments or development and administration, including O365 Cloud based SharePoint and on-premise configurations
- Experience in successfully supporting O365 and SharePoint projects involving significant scale and business change
- Experience in other MS disciplines such as AD, Exchange, Skype for Business, O365
- Experience of rolling out and supporting a large-scale Intranet project
- Experience in Agile delivery methods
- Experience of IT processes and procedures as well as maintaining up to date documentation
- Financial and commercial experience of managing budgets
- Experience of a modern, digital workplace and has a clear understanding of what is required for better end user experiences
- Track record of working on high profile, public sector or transport initiatives