Production Director - Burton-On-Trent
£100,000 - £115,000 per annum
A Production Director with ambition to one day become MD? Ford & Stanley Executive Search have been entrusted by our client to select and appoint a Production Director ready for the new year (ideally sooner…)
Currently experiencing the highest ever levels of production in their established history of manufacture and sat at maximum capacity across the facilities, there is work to be done! this role is not to be taken lightly. There will be some that may shy away from such a challenge (rightly so?) and there will be a select few already asking ‘where do I sign’ – I am looking to speak to the latter.
Reporting directly into the MD and initially working alongside/in partnership with a highly experienced interim PD, you will take responsibility how the business is ultimately going to achieve delivery times scales, improve quality, drive supplier performance and control cost.
You will ideally have managed 200+ people as a minimum in a manufacturing or production environment with a proven track record of success / examples of turnaround. You may be a Senior Production Manager ready for a step up, an experienced production director in a smaller business ready for ‘the big move’ or a Manufacturing Director looking for a new challenge and better prospects, albeit a sideways step.
This is an executive level position but requires individuals who work/communicate well from the shop floor to boardroom identifying gaps, ensuring buy in, engagement from their reports, spotting blockages and opportunities for improvement.
Based close to Burton upon Trent, this role requires full time site based working. Candidates commuting from Birmingham, Derby, Doncaster, Nottingham or Stoke would be ideal.
- Proven track record in production / manufacturing environment to include examples of success and turnaround
- Experience of successfully managing a minimum of 200+ staff in production
- The successful candidate will already be at production director level and have significant experience of assembly build with a large supply chain.
- They will be able to demonstrate where they have made significant improvements to previous employer production capability.
- Candidates will come from any transferable high integrity industry (Automotive, Rail, Aerospace ideal)
I will be looking to close off all sourcing efforts on the 23rd Oct 2020 although candidates will be submitted to the client as soon as possible up until this date therefore do not hold off in getting in touch. 1st Stage Interviews will be conducted WK 4 Oct/WK 1 Nov. Final Stages WK 2 Nov / WK 3 Nov. Closing out with offer late Nov/early Dec. F&S are the only appointed recruitment partner on the role and will be driving all activity and coordinating the vacancy life-cycle process on behalf of the client.
Likely Job Titles
Manufacturing Director, Production Director, Manufacturing Manager, Senior Production Manager
Good to know
- This role qualifies for an executive level package of £100k+
- Inheriting a high performing team with potential for further development
- Support and transition period with a very experienced interim production director (also provided by F&S Executive Search)
- The longer term opportunity to become the successor to the current MD
- £45,000 +