Production Engineer / Methods Engineer
£30,000 - £34,500 per annum plus benefits
Are you looking for the an opportunity to be an "Integral Cog" in the Production Engineering activities across an established and expanding market leader in their field of Mechanical Engineering ?
Ford & Stanley Ltd, the renowned experts within manufacturing recruitment are working in partnership with a most prestigious component manufacturer to appoint a qualified and experienced Production Engineer/Methods Engineer
Due to continued growth the company have an impressive presence within the area - offering superb opportunities for career growth, stability and real earnings potential. Note you will be dealing with many of the major OEM’s. The role reports to the Engineering Manager.
Location: Candidates residing in such locations as Sheffield, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster etc will find commuting a good proposition. Note you will on occasions be visiting both suppliers and customers.
To interpret design information and generate manufacturing instructions to enable products to be manufactured effectively, safely and in accordance with required specification and standards and to contractually agreed dates.
- Generate and issue manufacturing instructions and route cards in accordance with the issue program.
- Ensure that all manufacturing instructions are legible and take due account of tolerances, standards and safe practice.
- Ensure that all manufacturing instructions are practical and effective thereby promoting lowest cost manufacture.
- Generate work instructions / procedures as required and promote their use.
- Produce detailed manufacturing instructions (2D CAD drawings, work instructions and some NC information)
- Engagement with production to develop and improve processes and Tooling
- Contribute to the development of production routes to improve quality, safety and efficiency
- Assist with the resolution of production related problems
- Manage the implementation of new products to production in conjunction with Engineering & Assurance.
- Work with all departments to develop continual improvement of core business processes
- Responsible for maintaining and improving site and process capability by ensuring plant and equipment is maintained and renewed as required by business needs (including participating in any CAPEX submissions and justifications).
- Continually work to drive manufacturing cost and process times down
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a metal fabrication environment
- A minimum of HND or equivalent in mechanical or production engineering
- In depth understanding of technical drawings and a good ability to use 2D CAD
- Experience of using a manufacturing control system
- Must have good communication skills
Closing Date: We are looking to set up first interviews within the first two weeks of August with second interviews within a week following that. An offer to the successful applicant will be made within 3 days of second interview.
Other titles: Production Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Methods Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000