Production Engineer (Nottingham)
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley are working with the global leader for the automotive aftermarket our client work as an independent manufacturer, distributor and marketer of replacement part for moto vehicle’s.
Role and Responsibilities
- Designing new products from initial design idea through to manufacture
- Design and create detailed drawing packs including BOM’s for automotive products
- Liaise with the production engineering team to review concepts and conduct design feasibility studies
- 3D printing and developing prototype parts
- Inspection of parts, first off samples etc
- Review specifications & design guidelines
- Produce timing plans to meet objective
The successful applicant will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, being able to work well within a team environment. They will be highly organised and motivated and be able to demonstrate a structured methodology to solving problems. Must have the ability to juggle several projects at once and maintain clear thinking and reporting methods.
- Solid works proficient for 3+ years in an engineering environment
- Design & Development of injection moulded parts
- New product design from initial drafts through to full manufacturing of prototype in 2D & 3D
- Detailed drawing creation, as well as assembly drawings and BOM’s
- Provide design ideas and solutions to problems encountered
- Used to working to tight project deadlines and cost constraints
- Have good analytical skills with an eye for detail and excellent communication skills
- Worked in automotive industry before
- Experience leasing with suppliers
Educated to HNC/HND or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- £25,000 - £35,000