Production Manager (Birmingham)
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley– The Engineering Recruitment Specialists are looking for an experienced Production Manager from an engineering or manufacturing background specifically in metals, for a client who have just gained heavy investment and are moving to a brand spanking new facility in 2020
Due to the demand in orders their production department is feeling the strain and they’re needing someone who has ‘eyes on the ground’ to look over their production processes making sure all targets are met.
About the role
- Ensuring coordination between planners and production managers to execute production plans on a weekly basis
- Within this varied role, you will manage the production process from planning to completion. You will supervise bespoke projects for well-established, blue-chip clientele.
- Ensuring maintenance schedules are executed to agreed timescales and unplanned breakdowns are acted upon to ensure minimal disruption to production.
- React to unplanned production problems and resolve resource conflict.
- Conduct H&S and Quality audits and risk assessments.
- Conduct reviews of SWP / SOP documentation in line with Company requirements
- Ensure effective end of shift handover and reporting procedures are followed.
- 2 year’s experience working in a production/ Quality manager
- Ideally have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Operational Management or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the control of manufacturing or maintenance activities including permit systems and predictive/preventative maintenance systems.
- Recognised H&S Management Training
- Demonstrable experience of managing people in a shift manufacturing/engineering environment including autonomous responsibility and accountability.
Previous Coil experience.
- £35,000 - £45,000