Production Manager (Leeds)
£25,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are supporting one of the UK’s most prestigious train operators to recruit for a Production Manager in one of the busiest depot’s in the Northern region.
Positioned in the fleet engineering team as the Production Manager you will be responsible for maintaining the organisation’s engineering excellence. Health and Safety will be at the forefront of your priorities, ensuring the smooth running of the team and facility at all times.
Reporting to the Depot Manager, the Production Manager will lead the Depot production facility, consisting of five production teams ensuring productivity, performance and workload targets are met, achieving published fleet availability and reliability targets.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure work is performed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, the company’s rules and regulations, Group Standards, COSHH and the company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Assist the Depot Manager in setting the training plan and budget
- Control and direct production maintenance management to ensure efficient utilisation of staff and resources to achieve agreed work programmes
- Ensure production staff maintain effective and documented competence levels through the development of training plans, regular monitoring and audit
- Ensure that external contractors’ staff are aware of and meet their full obligations to existing contracts, and carry out their work in a safe manner
- Maintain good industrial relations within area of responsibility, implementing disciplinary procedures for any serious staff irregularities to maintain a well-disciplined workforce
- Agree with the Depot Technical Manager how technical projects, modifications and planed workload are resourced and progressed effectively.
Please note this role carries an on-call responsibility
You will use your experience within production management to integrate into a longstanding team to guide and motivate your direct reports in achieving and surpassing KPI’s for this depot. As a leader, you will demonstrate what it means to “lead from the front” establishing credibility by taking the time to understand and adapt to a changing environment.
Working close alongside the Operations Manager to ensure the day-to-day smooth operations of the production environment, you will be an effective communicator who can easily liaise with shop floor staff as well as senior managers within the business.
- 5+ years management experience within a production engineering environment.
- Rail/heavy manufacturing background
- Understanding of rolling stock maintenance
- A working knowledge of financial and contract management including negotiating skills
- Technical knowledge of traction, rolling stock and associated systems is desirable.
Likely Job Titles
Production Manager, Depot Manager, Team Leader, General Manager
- £15,000 - £25,000