Program Manager (Filton)
£70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Are you a Program Manager, with at least 5 years’ experience in aerostructures and looking to start you’re a new career for a leading engineering consultancy?
Ford & Stanley – The Recruitment Specialists - are working with a global engineering solutions provider serving the product development & production engineering needs of high technology companies in the Aero Engines, Aerospace & Defence, Hi-Tech & Industrial, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. Who are looking for a aerostructures Program Manager to join their growing team.
The Program Manager will typically be aligned against a major Customer’s programme, or a number of significant projects. The Program Manager takes ownership for the projects financial and project performance. All activities will need to be managed in IPMS to ensure accurate reporting is achieved against all project related activities. The Program Manager is the key liaison between Engineering projects and Finance / Operations to ensure order cover, invoicing and WIP / debt are appropriately managed The Program Manager is the lead for the financial operation of the department and the driver of the project management capability, technical capability and process implementation
- Be the point of escalation for the customer at the Airbus engineering leadership level
- Accountable for all ESW deliveries out of Filton.
- Accountable for project plans, risk register and change register in support of engineering activities for all programmes under their control
- Accountable for project performance (technical, time and cost) for all programmes under their control.
- Responsible for project performance reporting for both internal and external stakeholders (quality, time and cost).
- Responsible for the organisation of structured, regular and effective internal and external meetings by acting as a key point of contact for the delivery team.
- To manage performance using the Company’s tools and systems.
- To communicate regularly and directly with the team to keep them up to date on VBU and site issues
- Monitors the accrual of top level POs in terms of achievement against spend.
- Responsible for management of invoices within their area of responsibility.
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager and Technical Authority, support the development of the delivery team and individuals’ skills in order to meet the business goals.
- Support the implementation of training plans to ensure the team can support the needs of the business
- Develop KPI’s and the necessary governance system to ensure delivery of Company and VBU goals
- Support the development of annual VBU goals and generate implementation plans to deliver against agreed targets
- Support and lead implementation of 5S, process improvement, Lean and Problem Solving within the operations team.
- Significant experience working in the Airbus eco-system
- Experience in the management of engineering projects across multi-disciplinary teams
- Extensive experience of the engineering environment and project lifecycle
- Understanding of finance systems, recognising the need for robust and comprehensive booking number structure to allow for analysis of project health and performance
- The ability to interface and control activities of engineering teams in challenging project environments
A degree, HND / HNC or equivalent
- £45,000 +