Project Accountant (Birmingham)
£40,000 - £45,000
Do you want to work for one of the recognisable names in the engineering world?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting for an experienced Project Accountant to work towards the next generation of rail projects.
This is an opportunity for someone to join a prestigious company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology.
As the Project Accountant you will be responsible for the delivery of effective project accounting and supporting the project team with the commercial aspects.
The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent.
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity.
- Ensure all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, completing tender templates to determine budgeted cost.
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, creating the baseline budget, Project Delivery Report and contract forecast.
- Report project actual and forecast spend.
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cash flow on behalf of the Project Managers.
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, and are understood and approved.
- Calculate and review, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials and major subcontractors.
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position.
- Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary.
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long-term contract accounting policy.
- Other administration duties included.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA) – potentially consider exam finalists
- Minimum 2-3 accountancy experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
- The ability to analyse and use data to add value to a process or activity
- Be prepared to travel if required, occasional travel to project sites
Likely job titles
Management accountant, Finance Project Accountant
2nd December 2019
- £45,000 +