Project Accountant (Fixed Term)
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you an organised individual, with a keen eye for detail who can work autonomously whilst keeping in a fast-paced environment?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with one of our UK rail clients who have been acquired by the world’s leading technology business with big ambitions to secure a foothold in the UK rail advance technologies space.
Due to recent project wins our client calls for an experienced Project Accountant on a fixed term basis, with a background working in a pressurised environment, to support project managers.
You will be responsible for ensuring the company’s projects financial performance is correctly measured on a monthly basis and help to coach project managers to understand the financial life cycle of their projects from the bidding process to conclusion.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepares unit related monthly PL reports, for approval by accountable management.
- Prepares the monthly closing files for categories assigned.
- Reports via excel monthly figures from project meetings to present to management
- Processes and checks inbound invoices with budget approved and ensure correct postings in the systems.
- Ensures necessary evidences are available for the audit.
- Controls, prepares and checks debit notes.
- Assisting Project Managers with the overall project accounting from the start to the finish of the project, and taking ownership of the systems required for this.
- Producing monthly cost reports for projects and assisting Project Managers with the production of monthly earnings; including reporting on project variances of actuals vs budgets, and updating forecasts.
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and cashflow projections.
- Help improve the measurement of projects profitability with the bidding processes.
The successful candidate must have an understanding of finance, controlling and planning processes. Understanding of planning, analyses and administration techniques and how to apply this to your work is key.
- Relevant University Degree or equivalent practical and vocational knowledge and experience
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in the field
- Strong command of the English language
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office software package (excellent Excel)
Closing date: 23rd July 2018
- £25,000 - £35,000