Project Engineer - Design (Derby)
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus additional benefits
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced Project Engineer to focus on Design Assurance for a global rail organisation based in Derby.
The focus of this role is to undertake design assurance activities on Projects, Bids and Research and Development to ensure that stakeholder requirements are fully understood, designs are fully compliant with contractual and legal requirements and trains gain the necessary authorisation to operate in passenger service.
Role and Responsibilities
- The role is to ensure that the train design is valid and verified to achieve acceptance by the customer
- Review customer technical specifications and legislations to gain a sound understanding of requirements, consequently assisting vehicle engineers in making key decisions regarding vehicle concepts and architecture to ensure requirements are met
- Generate the necessary technical documentation in response to customer invitations to tender (ITTs) and leading the resolution of technical compliance issues relating to the train design during bid negotiations
- Capture and develop customer and regulatory requirements based on tender and contractual documentation. Assist the cascade of these requirements with appropriate verification activities to systems within the train (DOORs)
- Liaise with the engineering team to determine verification evidence required to gain design conformance
- Estimating and planning timescales and costs associated with delivery of scope of work associated with the position. Directly manage the scope of work during bids and projects
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an experienced engineer with a good working knowledge of system integration. You will have significant experience and hands on delivery of design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements. You will be a natural problem solver and strong communicator to enable you to communicate across engineering communities, internal and external customers and senior management.
- Engineering Degree and/or Chartered status are essential
- System Integration experience
- System Architectural understanding
- Experience in a safety critical heavy engineering Industry(Rail, Automotive, Aerospace, Nuclear)
- Able to design engineering systems and complex interfaces
- Lead design reviews internally and with customers
- Significant experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions solving complex requirements
- Provide technical experience in RM, design verification and authorisation (in at least one area)
- Demonstrate the ability to use technical knowledge in the support of other departments such as engineering, production and procurement
- Innovative individual who leads the way
- Natural problem solver who is able to solve complex problems and analyse possible solutions using technical experience and judgement
- Master’s Degree
- Rail experience is highly desirable
- DOORs experience
Friday 31st August
Likely Job Titles:
Project Engineer, Project Manager, Design Engineer, Approvals Engineer, Assurance Engineer.
- £45,000 +