Project Engineer (Manchester)
£35,000 - 50,000 per annum
Are you an experienced project engineer with a strong mix of rolling stock technical knowledge and project management experience?
Ford & Stanley - Are recruiting Project Engineer / Performance Engineer for a leading global rolling stock manufacturer, who are focused on delivering outstanding products and services to meet their client’s needs.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the warranty procedures are implemented and understood by all staff, contractors and maintainers on- site.
- Support the performance manager in the monitoring/reporting of the fleet and materials performance and suggest methods to improve its reliability.
- Daily review of in service failures.
- Daily review of defective material to establish the root cause.
- Support the Performance Manager in the management of Product Safety related and repeated incidents and repeat defects.
- Lead the on-site Technician team and agree work priorities with the team leader.
- Manage the on-call roster
- Support Performance Manager with technical meetings with the customer.
- Identification of modifications to improve fleet reliability
- Support the Performance Manager in the preparation of engineering change process including the cost benefit analysis.
Essential skills and experiences:
- HNC or above in an Engineering related discipline
- Health and Safety qualification - Desirable but not essential
- Fleet Performance Management experience • Experience in managing a team of Technicians
- Experience in a System Reliability and Performance role
- Be PC literate with the ability to learn new software programmes quickly
- Have the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven experience in planning and organising
- Experience writing technical reports
- Valid driver’s license
- £35,000 - £45,000