Project Engineer (Newcastle upon Tyne)
Newcastle upon Tyne
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The rail recruitment experts - Are currently recruiting a Project Engineer for a cutting-edge company who’s been on the forefront of technological innovation for over 60 years, there reputation is based on exceptional customer service they are experts in developing rail and traffic solutions that form the architecture of smart cities and technologies for the defence industry.
They’re in need of a Project engineer to join the business to help them to deliver solutions to challenging, technical programmes as a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team.
What are my responsibilities?
- Create a variety of technical documentation for both technical and non-technical readership.
- Responsible for all Engineering delivery on a contract.
- Working closely with Project management, Development Engineering, Production and the Product Manager to ensure the solutions meet the Engineering requirements of the customer and Petards.
- Acting as customers’ representative on site and the voice of Engineering to the customer.
- Such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
- Deputise for Senior Project Engineer as and when required
- You will have worked in a technical organisation, typically a manufacturer.
- Experience of requirements documentation, documentation control, and documentation signoff.
- Experience of working with the customer to ensure the correct technical solution is reached.
- Experience of project delivery, from an engineering perspective.
- Experience in ensuring Technical guidelines and Standards are adhered to.
- Experience in dealing with technical contracts, specifications and CDRL’s.
- Understand the requirements for testing.
- Have experience of video surveillance systems.
- Experience of Software based systems
- ISTQB qualified
- Experience of IP based systems
- Experience in the delivery of Transport Sector related projects.
- Knowledge of EN50155, RIA 12/13
- Understanding of testing methodology
- Have worked in software delivery.
- The flexibility to apply skills and knowledge across a number of different and quite diverse products throughout the organisation.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institution (e.g. IMechE, IET).
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £35,000 - £45,000