Project Engineer (Nottingham)
£38,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you a developing engineer looking to embark on a new career within rail?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Project Engineer for a reputable rail organisation based in the East Midlands to help support their engineering requirements and develop sound engineering practises with their customers.
Our client is a global supplier of track construction and railway maintenance equipment to the world’s railways and transit systems. Providing expert engineering and innovative technology to the rail industry, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Engineer to take on the design of new equipment and systems, from creation to launch.
With hands on responsibility to support new / existing machines operating in the UK rail system this opportunity will offer the successful candidate a chance to become fully immersed at the fore-front of rail engineering.
Nottingham, East Midlands
Role and Responsibilities
- Conceive, design, develop and analyse machine designs and systems as well as development methods to improve existing designs and machine functionality.
- Improve upon current designs by reducing cost and increasing robustness and reliability.
- Produce or work with a team to revise documentation for existing products.
- Communicate project status through reports, presentations and design reviews.
- Meet deadlines to ensure projects are completed within acceptable time and cost targets.
- To make design trade-offs to ensure lowest overall cost, highest reliability and best in class performance.
- Work with vendors to source and evaluate purchased components and with manufacturing to produce or assemble manufactured components and assemblies.
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting of safety related defects.
- Engineering incident and failure investigations.
The ideal will be a degree educated engineer with an appreciation of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. You will be integrated quickly within a close-knit engineering function so the ability to liaise with colleagues from shop floor through to director level is imperative to establish credibility and reputation.
This role is perfect for an individual who wants to excel their technical skills whilst establishing themselves within the rail market. You will need to be a self-starter who is able to self-organise and challenge the status quo.
- BEng / MEng Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Experience with design analysis tools including Solid Edge, DFMEA.
- Experience of railway rolling stock engineering and operation
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and be self-driven to move product life cycle forward.
Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
Likely Job Titles
Mechanical Engineer, Fleet Engineer, Engineering Consultant, Technical Engineer
- £35,000 - £45,000