Project Engineer Radio Frequency (Liverpool)
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a Radio Frequency Project Engineer for a leading telecommunications provider in to the Transportation Industry.
This is an ideal opportunity to join a company who have recently been acquired by the world’s leading technology business with big ambitions to secure a foothold in the UK Rail advanced technologies space. You will be assisting in delivering a multi-million pound 2-year project to design, install and commission a train to track radio communication system.
Merseyside - Liverpool
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with legislations
- Attend progress meetings throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide support for new bids and tenders when required
- Participation in IDC providing information on any risk associated with design within their own discipline
- Troubleshoot and command onsite support for RF installation, testing and commissioning
- Test plan and test specification creation
- Innovative and smart engineering solutions
- Advise project and programme management in respect of all design and construction elements that meet legislation requirements
You will have a minimum 5-years experience in RF and Radio Systems Engineering, preferable in a Rail environment. You will be able to hit the ground running in order to ensure project deadlines are met.
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in RF and Radio Systems Engineering- preferably in Rail
- Skilled in design and implemetation of high capacity multi technology radio coverage applications, including LTE, GSM, GSM-R, TETRA, MIMO and ESN
- Have knowledge of Distributed Antenna Systems, Radio Frequency over Fibre systems and the ability to install, integrate and operate these systems
- Proficient user of CAD/Microstation
Degree or HND qualified in Electronic Engineering or Radio Systems/ RF Propagation Engineering
Friday 28th September