Project Manager/Bid Manager (Derby)
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The rail recruitment experts - Are currently recruiting a Project Manager for a cutting-edge technology company who operate primarily within the railway sector. Their comprehensive portfolio includes measuring systems for digitalised condition monitoring of rolling stock and rail infrastructures, and inspection systems for rail networks.
They’re in need of a Project Manager to join the business to help steam line their manufacturing process. They also must understand project status, customer needs and priorities the ability to obtain project information from various sources.
What are my responsibilities?
- Accountable for the generation and execution of the project plans, ensuring that everyone on the team knows and executes his or her role, feels empowered and supported in the role, knows the roles of the other team members
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and effectively controlling the project and client/ supplier relationship keeping accurate records from meetings, correspondence and reports to support a healthy commercial standing for the assigned project throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for liaising with the client and sales to ensure that the technical specifications and commercial requirements of the assigned projects are clearly understood by self and all relevant project team members
- Will use knowledge of contract to develop and agree project approach with the client and internal stakeholders
- Will define the specification requirements to internal colleagues for the evaluation and selection of suppliers, selection of components etc.
- Responsible for measuring project performance and progress, coordinating, communicating and monitoring the structured schedule of work and activity against defined milestones, and deliverable items of the project. Responsible for managing, monitoring and maintaining full and comprehensive project documentation.
- Will understand the Health & Safety requirements of the contract and promote the necessity for a safe working environment throughout all aspects of the contract.
- Responsible for the financial control of allotted contracts. Will prepare each month a fully expensed cost-to-date and forecast for each allotted contract and manage cash flow & invoicing, define non-conformance costs - NCC and contract variations – PCC.
- Responsible for managing and mitigating the project risk, utilizing the project risk register and reporting significant risks through the appropriate channels.
Ability to undertake decisions that are in the best interests of the company and the project, whilst understanding the effect on timescales, the financial impact, the engineering consequence
- A working knowledge of Construction & Design Management (CDM), Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Health & Safety Plans.
- Sound Commercial awareness,
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Computer literacy: Good understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- A detailed understanding of Forms of Contracts. (e.g. NEC)
- The ability to work on an individual basis as well as circumstances dictate
- £45,000 +