Project Manager - Change (Derby)
£400 - £500 per day
Are you a Project Manager with a background in Systems Engineering who can manage change processes, looking for an opportunity to join a thriving digital rail business that is leading the way bringing the UK's rail infrastructure into the 21st century?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment specialists are looking for a contract Project Manager to work on a revolutionary project within the digital rail industry.
The aim of this role is to process customer change requests and pass them through to the engineering teams and liaise with the customer in managing the process through to completion, including raising quotes and managing timescale changes. This offers an exciting opportunity for experienced Engineering Project Manager to join a rapidly moving complex software and systems engineering programme delivering new Traffic Management solutions to the UK railways.
Derby, bi-weekly travel to London for client meetings.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting into the Project Director, the main responsibilities of the role holder include, but are not be limited to:
- Manage the change notes and change process both internally with the systems engineering teams and externally with the end client
- Receipt and processing of CCN
- Liaison with delivery partner on progress of change requests
- Liaison with the supply chain and procurement for impact assessments,
- Liaison with systems engineering and the delivery teams for impact assessments
- Development of implementation plans into the main programme
- Pricing and pricing approval with the business
- Background in engineering, ideally in systems and software.
- Experience of Project Management principals
- Stakeholder Management experience including dealing with internal and external partners.
- Experience altering pricing and timescales on a project.
- Highly desirable would be a understanding of the full lifecycle of software development.