Project Manager (London)
£40,000 per annum
Are you a science graduate? Have 3+ years’ experience in Project Management and looking for the opportunity to work for a prestigious organisation that is at the heart of the rail industry.
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Rail Specialists are looking to recruit a Project manager for their client in Central London
Project Managers manage the design, development and delivery of different types of projects in order to achieve the project objectives within specified constraints.
- Accept responsibility for delivery of projects as delegated by the Head of Portfolio. Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, processes and procedures, including the Common Projects Framework, procurement policies, and any processes applicable to the project type (e.g. Research and Development, Standards, etc.).
- Establish project teams and influence and motivate members of the team to ensure that, through their individual efforts and through collaborative working, they contribute to project success in line with the project plan.
Project Definition, Planning and Control
- Ensure that project requirements are clearly defined, agreed and communicated.
- Prepare and maintain schedules in Microsoft Project Online for project activities, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
- Develop, implement and update resource allocation plans for projects, taking account of availability and scheduling.
- Develop and agree budgets with appropriate contingencies for projects, and control forecast and actual costs against budgets.
- Identify and monitor, and plan and implement responses to, project risks, opportunities and issues, taking account of lessons learned.
- Apply quality management processes to ensure that project processes and outputs meet stakeholder requirements and are fit for purpose.
- Prepare, submit and present project documentation as required for review and approval at stage gates, including papers for budget authorisation.
- Produce consolidated project plans which document the fundamental components of the project (including scope, schedule and resource plan, budget, quality requirements and risks, opportunities and issues).
- Monitor actual project progress against plan for agreed project performance indicators (cost, schedule/milestones, quality, risks, etc.), forecast future project performance against plan, produce reports as required, take corrective action as necessary and escalate as required or as necessary for effective project delivery. All project information must be brought up to date, and the necessary reports completed, on a four-weekly basis as a minimum. More frequent reporting may be required.
- Establish and manage reviews at appropriate points to inform governance of projects by providing evaluations of progress.
- Correctly implement change control procedures to alter approved project parameters and update project documentation as necessary.
- Ensure timely closure of the project with the appropriate level of lessons learned incorporated into the project closure report.
Stakeholder Management and Communication
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests, to support the achievement of project objectives and the realisation of benefits, and secure an appropriate level of feedback to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Work with the Programme Manager and communications team to ensure the necessary communication activities are planned and delivered to support realisation of the project benefits.
- Ensure that the necessary project documentation is prepared for publication and that the appropriate level of stakeholder feedback is incorporated into the project closure report.
- An introductory project management qualification (such as APM Project Fundamentals or PRINCE2 Foundation) or equivalent experience.
- Experience of supporting projects or managing the delivery of workstreams within projects.
- Good presentation, facilitation and chairing skills for stakeholder meetings.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- 3-5 years experience
- Science graduate preferred
- £35,000 - £45,000