Project Manager - Rail (Greenford)
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum (car allowance)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join a Global provider of leading-edge technology.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all day to day activities relating to new major contracts for the rail business including quality, delivery, manufacturing efficiency and cost control. Ensuring that targets are met, and objectives are achieved.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver the project to the agreed success criteria
- Be the main point of contact for the customer and control the communications
- Take responsibility for improvements in efficiency, product quality and costs, striving continuously to achieve excellence in all areas
- Ensure that company operations image is a positive one from both within the business and outside in areas such as customer service, housekeeping and the continuous drive to delight the customer
- Ensure that activities conform to regulatory procedures, codes of conduct and approvals
- Ensure that all decision making is in line with the company's policies and strategies and protects the company's and customer's interests at all times
- Adopt and encourage a leadership style that promotes openness, problem ownership, devolved decision making and team working
- Motivate and drive project coherence within the project team
The ideal candidate must have a mechanical background preferably with a production engineering bias or equivalent substantial experience. You must have a strong customer focus and understanding of commercial realities and implications.
- Require a mechanical based degree preferably with a production engineering bias or equivalent substantial experience
- Project Management qualifications required e.g. APMP, Prince2
- Experience in managing high volume projects
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills
- Strong customer focus and understanding of commercial realities and implications
- Assertive leader, able to raise personal game under pressure.
- Well-developed negotiating skills based upon good technical and commercial understanding and pragmatism where necessary
- Visible and approachable. Builds trust and operates with integrity and openness
- Intellectually strong in terms of understanding concepts, producing persuasive arguments and defending strategic and tactical decision making.
- Full UK driving licence
- Repair and overhaul experience would be advantageous
- Rolling stock and rail industry experience
Wednesday 14th November
- £45,000 +