Project Manager - Rail (West Midlands)
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting on behalf of a major civil engineering construction client who are seeking an interim Project Manager.
This is an opportunity to be involved in a key railway station development project based in the West Midlands which will improve customer access between key transportation links. You will play an integral part in ensuring this project is a success.
9 month contract role
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce financial forecasts and package of work plans whilst monitoring and controlling project costs and cost reporting, and produce monthly reports to Contracts Manager on project performance, efficient team building, and labour organisation Deliver projects from design phase to completion including all handover documentation
- Build relationships and liaise with key stakeholders
- Review progress, budget resources and forward planning
- Chair weekly site meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions
- Build and maintain good relationships with the customer, framework suppliers and design consultants
- Develop and maintain construction programmes with staff
- Co-ordinate and manage site investigations during the ongoing construction process
- Develop engineering solutions in order that a buildable cost-effective construction solution is delivered that fulfils the client's requirements
- Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, risk assessments, method statements, site waste management plans, and procurement of plant and materials are in line with company procedures
- Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed
The ideal candidate will come from a Rail infrastructure background with extensive experience managing projects such as station upgrades. You will have strong stakeholder management skills and be a clear communicator. You will have a short notice period or be available immediately and live within a commutable distance of Birmingham.
- Extensive experience of managing projects within a Rail civils/infrastructure environment
- Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent communication, people and team management skills, with the ability to influence, motivate and mentor
- CRE status
- Chartered Engineer
Job ref: RL4749
- West Midlands