Project Manager - RF
£44,000 - £50,000 per annum plus car bonus
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Project Manager for a leading global supplier of components and systems for electrical and optical connectivity in the Rail Industry.
You will be responsible for existing and future major projects in the Rail market to ensure smooth delivery to the customer, you will support the development and deployment of new products and services into a range of existing and new markets. You will be focusing on the radio frequency, fibre optics and low frequency, however this role will encompass all 3 of the business divisions.
- Liaise with standards organisations and other third-party stakeholders
- Identify the scope of the project(s) by working closely with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope
- Deliver and maintenance of project scoping documents to support the project outcomes
- Understand what constitutes an end-to-end, thorough cross functional schedule for the project and involve stakeholders as appropriate, able to discuss risk areas and convey impacts to scope or costs if a shorter schedule is demanded
- Plan projects with sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities
- Ensure a comprehensive budget is prepared, reflecting the plan and all resource needs
- Ensure non-people resources are identified (e.g. tools, legal fees, logistical costs) so that the project budget remains affordable
- Delivery and maintenance of an approved project plan showing critical paths, key milestones, phase reviews and dependencies for the full project life cycle
- Identify any potential constraints or threats that may impact project delivery to time, cost or quality
- Ensure KPI’s are reported on as per the contract agreement
- Assist the Engineering team with general administrative tasks such as BOM’s
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire.
You will be confident dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders both internally and externally. You will have the ability to adapt your style of management and leadership depending on the situation.
- Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), Prince2 or another recognised qualification
- Experience within a technical Field sale, customer focused environment in Radio Frequency sector
- Proven Sales Record
- Experience dealing with major OEM’s, System Integrators and other sales channels within the UK and an ability to develop business.
- Experience and willingness to sell outside home country (Mainly Nordic region and Northern Europe)
- Competent in the use of IT tools, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate customer meetings. Complete administrative tasks accurately and within timescales set
- Experience in other technologies such as FO or LF
- Professional qualification in Project Management such as APM, Prince2, PMQ
- Some knowledge and experience of CRM databases
Closing date: Monday 13th August
- £45,000 +