Project Manager (York)
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum (train operator benefits)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Project Manager who has a background in successfully implementing engineering systems within asset management for a successful train operator based in the Northern region of the UK.
This role requires an experienced Project Manager to introduce Engineering Management Systems with the required functionality, on time and within budget through effective supplier management, engagement with the people in the business and best practice project management. This opportunity will allow you to work within a respected train operator, exposing you to a busy engineering function which can elevate your knowledge and skillset of the sector.
York / Leeds
Role and Responsibilities
- To plan, coordinate and deliver the Engineering Management Systems across all Engineering sites.
- Lead the weekly steering group with Project Team Leads and the monthly project reviews with the Project Board
- Coach, guide and direct the individuals involved in the project to improve the effectiveness of their contributions to ensure delivery is on time
- Agree and manage the system functionality change requests process
- Report performance metrics and update the business case as required
- Maintain the risk register and drive risk mitigation
- Manage the cleansing and migration of master data
- Lead the system testing and user acceptance testing
- Manage the development of training documentation, and facilitate the system training
- Support the ‘Go Live’ and rollout, managing the assistance provided by the systems supplier
You will need to have demonstrable project management experience as well as a clear understanding on how to successfully implement an engineering system, e.g. SAP/Maximo within asset management. As this is a crucial role within the business, the successful individual will need to have the ability to work autonomously as well as provide leadership and team working with others where appropriate.
Knowledge and experience of best practice project management, ideally supported by formal qualifications such as Prince2, or equivalent.
A thorough understanding of the operational processes of fleet maintenance and overnight fueling/servicing (including materials replenishment and management).
Strong personal skills to engage with the people in the business, and the assertiveness to drive an uncompromised delivery.
Understanding of Engineering Asset Management software and good implementation practice.
9th November 2018
Likely Job Titles
Maximo / Sap Project Manager, Asset Management Engineer, Engineering Systems Manager
- £45,000 +