Project Planner (Birmingham)
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – the rail recruitment experts are currently recruiting for a Project Planner to join a rail franchise that sees excellence in project planning process and stakeholder management as the key to keeping promises made for the delivery of a major schedule of engineering works in the West Midlands area.
Due to the continued expansion of the business, the organisation is expanding at a rapid rate. They’re are seeking an experienced Project Planner to join them on a permanent position playing a pivotal part in developing and supporting multiple work streams in all project planning activities from early stage development of project plans through to integrated programme plan across the various work streams in the transition’s directorate.
- To interact and become a key member of the project management team providing a quality service to support the effective delivery of projects.
- To interact and support the effective information sharing / collection with all the project stakeholders in an appropriate manner.
- Prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan / schedule which can deliver the project objectives and providing effective project performance measurement and reporting.
- To develop the appropriate quality plan / schedule in line with the project scheduling principles and processes.
- Monitor and progress the plan / schedule and make changes as required. Develop recovery schedules and contingency plans in order to meet changed objectives as necessary.
- Input the planning issues into the project's critical issues risk log. Review planning risks and monitor whether the risk register is updated accordingly.
- Report actual performance and variance against plan and forecast outcomes. Highlight key milestone and critical path issues to members of the team, provide an assessment of the impact of such issues and recommend solutions to correct the position.
- Monitor and audit plans. Monitor contractor's planning processes so that they comply with procedure requirements.
- Interrogate contractor's statement of progress for schedule adherence and payment purposes.
- Identify key resource requirements and monitor that these are properly booked, and availability is maintained.
- Previous planning experience on rail projects including infrastructure
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions
- Ability to produce monthly planning reports
- Understand Network Rail Grip processes
- Experience of leading Planning meetings and Assurance reviews
- Experience of using several project management scheduling tools & techniques
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to build relationships within a team
- Proficiency with MS application systems.
- £45,000 +