Project Planner (Derby)
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Are you planning professional with a background of working in a projects environment? We are looking for someone who are happy to “roll up their sleeves” and who will be happy working for a business going through a very positive but demanding transition/restructuring process whilst still ensuring delivery of current workload is of the highest integrity and business as usual tasks are fulfilled.
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are working with a rail SME in the Midlands who specialise in vehicle and railway overhaul and maintenance who are looking to recruit for a Project Planner. This is a pivotal role in the business due to needing to be constantly keeping track of where the projects are in terms of their scheduled delivery timescales to ensure no projects are falling behind or exceeding budgets.
- Support project planning including tendering activities by producing project plans for submission with tenders.
- Resource loading of project plans.
- Facilitating, leading and managing planning workshops and meetings with and for other team members to develop their ideas and information into coherent project plans.
- Support delivery of projects.
- Working as a project team member to update project plans to reflect the status of projects as given by production team members and engineers.
- Develop corrective action plans in support of the project manager for projects which are exhibiting signs of slippage against the plan.
- Support internal finance, project governance, resource planning and project management processes.
- management team in making decisions and to understand the health of projects and the projects portfolio.
- Work with production staff, resource managers and engineers to iteratively update and develop plans which reflect project plan parameters such as resource availability and work methodology options etc.
- A “can do” attitude, someone who is used to working at pace.
- Ideally at least 3-5 years of experience using MS Project.
- 2-3 years in a project environment.
- Good at relationship building, with the potential to be client facing within a short period of time.
- £45,000 +