Project Quality Engineer/Inspector (Newport)
£23 - £26.5 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are working closely with one of the top train manufacturers in the UK who are in the process of delivering a new fleet into one of the Train Operating Companies in the North. They are in need of a Project Quality Engineer/Inspector who can liaise with Customers regarding product acceptance, reviews of specifications and modifications and also to report Quality concerns raised back to the applicable manufacturing plant.
6 months +
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage quality projects to meet specific requirements and satisfy customers.
- Be able to investigate and identify possible risks.
- Work towards improving business processes to ensure high quality of products.
- Support projects by facilitating adequate communication with all stakeholders.
- Assist manufacturing with analysis and problem solving as required.
- Conduct analysis to produce indicators, statistics and presentations.
- Ensure compliance with all UK HSE legislation and HSE Company policy.
- Ensure all work carried out is compliant with organisational quality management systems / policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have completed a similar project previously having worked on the quality acceptance of new fleets as they are delivered. Candidates of a senior inspector level with in-depth experience working in Quality in a similar industry such as transportation, manufacturing, aerospace etc will also be considered.
- Qualification in a Technical or Quality discipline
- Strong Quality systems knowledge
- Excellent IT skills (MS suite)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills – able to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to maintain accurate records
- Experience of internal and external audits