Project Quality Engineer (Wales)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have partnered up with rolling stock manufacturer in South Wales who are looking to recruit for a Project Quality Engineer to be involved with several prestigious new build trains projects which make up a very strong order book.
This is a key role for our client and the successful person will be heavily responsible for ensuring the implementation of quality processes is achieved on all projects and be the liaison between the quality department, the end client and other areas of the business.
Our client has a great many UK projects which are under the spotlight across the rail industry so the opportunity presented will give someone great exposure to fleets of new trains being manufactured for various train operators.
- Overseeing the quality activities resulting from the Quality Plan and the Inspection and Test Plan established specifically for each project, with particular focus on the activities linked to contract milestones.
- Managing the interface and official communication with the client on quality issues, from the signing of the contract to the provisional acceptance of the train.
- Supervising the project’s quality document deliverable's.
- Ensure all work carried out is compliant with Company quality management systems/policies and procedures.
- Carry out quality checks to ensure, where relevant, product meets quality and safety standards
- Is pro-active in the role and identifies improved ways of supporting the Company in managing its objectives.
- Participate as and when required in team and one-to-one meetings and undertake training relevant to the role.
- Ensure, in the course of employment, complete confidentiality is maintained in respect of the Company, its dealings, transactions, and all other information relating to clients/ customers and staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- It is desirable that the successful person will have experience in a quality department within the rail industry.
- You will be required to have a relevant qualification or be qualified in experience/come from a similar role.
- Knowledge of quality tools
- Knowledge of standards (ideally railway)
- Be flexible and adaptable