£100 - £130 per day
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a Purchaser to join a Global provider of leading-edge technology.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the continued growth of the Rail sector within the business, liaising with customers and suppliers to ensure on time delivery is achieved to the required specifications. You will be an integral part of the projects team, collectively responsible for delivering complex rail projects.
Greenford, Middlesex. You may be required to travel throughout the UK, with the potential for European travel.
Mon – Thurs 8.30 – 4.30, Fri 8.30 – 3.30, .36.5 hours p/week
Role and Responsibilities
- Source new suppliers for new parts and services, whilst ensuring compliance is achieved
- Purchase parts for planned demand through MRP System. Prepare or issue requests for proposals, quotations, PO’s to suppliers in accordance with operating procedures
- Support complex, high value negotiations by gathering and interpreting date from suppliers and by attending internal customer or supplier meetings
- Drive and direct critical activities with suppliers, whilst maintaining relationships
- Identify and implement cost saving opportunities
- Be a key part of the projects team, delivering complex rail projects
- Liaise with our Clients parent company in Germany (they are the main supplier of parts)
- Carry out routine purchasing of day to day consumables as well as fixed asset capital purchasing
The ideal candidate must have experience of an ERP system working in a heavy engineering environment, initiating, negotiating, finalising and formalising product procurement. You must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- A high level of PC literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience of an ERP system, Navision ERP system desirable (but not essential as training will be given
- Experience of initiating, negotiating, finalising and formalising product procurement
- Knowledge of value chain management, as well as procurement and supply management principles and practices
- A strong customer service orientation and sense of urgency
- Ability to travel throughout the UK with some European travel
- Commitment and ability to work accurately under pressure, to tight deadlines
- Good analysis and communication (written and oral) skills
- Purchasing experience in a Rail/heavy engineering environment
- Experience using Navision (ERP System)
- HNC/HND/Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing processes or Business Administration, desirable but not essential.
- Studying towards CIPS qualifications
Friday 21st September