£32,000 - £34,000 per annum
Are you an experienced purchaser in a civil engineering or manufacturing industry who would like to utilise your current skill set to work within the thriving, growing rail sector on complex rail projects around the UK and Europe?
You will have the opportunity to become a fundamental player in a growing team where you will play a key part in the development and delivery of Purchase and Supply Chain duties to meet strategic, operational and financial performance requirements. You will need previous experience delivering high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction. You will be working for a growing rail company who are at the cutting edge of high quality products with a turnover €4.2 billion and locations across 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe.
Greenford, Middlesex. You may be required to travel throughout the UK, with the potential for European travel.
Role and Responsibilities
- Source new suppliers for new parts and services, whilst ensuring compliance is achieved
- Purchase parts for planned demand through MRP System. Prepare or issue requests for proposals, quotations, PO's to suppliers in accordance with operating procedures
- Support complex, high value negotiations by gathering and interpreting date from suppliers and by attending internal customer or supplier meetings
- Drive and direct critical activities with suppliers, whilst maintaining relationships
- Identify and implement cost saving opportunities
- Be a key part of the projects team, delivering complex rail projects
- Liaise with our Clients parent company in Germany (they are the main supplier of parts)
- Carry out routine purchasing of day to day consumables as well as fixed asset capital purchasing
The ideal candidate must have experience of an ERP system working in a heavy engineering environment, initiating, negotiating, finalising and formalising product procurement. You must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- Purchasing experience in a Rail/heavy engineering environment
- A high level of PC literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Must be CIPS qualified or working towards being qualified
- Experience of ERP systems
- Experience of initiating, negotiating, finalising and formalising product procurement
- Commitment and ability to work accurately under pressure, to tight deadlines
- Good analysis and communication (written and oral) skills
- Experience using Navision (ERP System)
- HNC/HND/Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing processes or Business Administration, desirable but not essential.
- £25,000 - £35,000