Quality Engineer - Automotive (Sutton Coldfield)
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum plus benefits
Are you looking for the an opportunity to take an active lead in the Quality activities across an established and expanding market leader in their field of Automotive components manufacture and assembly ?
Ford and Stanley Ltd, the renowned experts within Manufacturing Recruitment are working in partnership with a most prestigious component manufacturer to appoint a qualified and experienced Quality Engineer.
Due to continued growth the company have an impressive presence within the area - offering superb opportunities for career growth, stability and real earnings potential.
The role will be based at their site in Sutton Coldfield although candidates residing in such locations as Walsall, Burton on Trent, Tamworth, Birmingham etc will find commuting a good proposition.
Within this highly influential role you will be taking full Quality responsibility for the product platform(s) from the supply, through to series production and then to the end user. Your valued input will continually shape our Quality performance as market leaders through excellent commitment. You will present a strong drive towards protecting the reputation of the business both in front of the customer and internally by utilising quality methodologies, continuous improvement and problem solving. Within this role you will ensure full compliance of our processes and products in line with corporate, customer and industry requirements.
- Monitor, measure and action internal performance (e.g. OEE, RFT, Cost of Failure, Scrap etc.) to maintain and develop the quantitative and qualitative service provided to the internal and external customer.
- Monitor, measure and action customer scorecards and portals measures, for both 0km and Field (warranty) performance to maintain and develop customer satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate cross functional teams to complete corrective and preventative actions developed through the concern resolution process for all complaints.
- Actively promote lessons learnt within the process and product development cycles of new products to improve Right First Time launch performance.
- Actively participate in the internal problem solving philosophy, to ensure continuous improvement is sustained through developing manufacturing control methods and techniques.
- Action concerns from all sources by the generation, issuing and communication of Quality Alerts / Care Points with accuracy.
- Action supplier non-conformance activities through the Q2 process to ensure production or the customer are protected.
- Ensuring product and process conformance in line with corporate, customer and industry requirements.
- Maintain product PSW / PPAP status with annual requalification, and master samples.
- Adopt a Product Safety focused mind-set in all activities, and ensure all risks are mitigated.
- Control plans and associated documents implemented effectively and maintained.
- Assist with First/Last Off sample approvals.
- Implement SPC within the production facility ensuring control of product.
- Ensure that SAP database is accurately maintained in accordance with corporate standards so KPI’s can be maintained.
We are looking to set up first interviews within the 3rd week of October with second interviews within a week following that. An offer to the successful applicant will be made within 3 days of second interview.
Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Assessor
- Sutton Coldfield
- £35,000 - £45,000