Quality Inspector (Birmingham)
Ford & Stanley – The Engineering Recruitment Specialists are looking for an experienced Quality Inspector who can take on the responsibility of turning around the quality and processes of our clients Coil Shop.
This opportunity is available in a global turnkey business, they manufacture, overhaul and repair generators of all sizes from small to huge for a range of industries including rail, defence and oil and gas. They are looking for a Coil engineer/inspector to turn around the Coil Shop quality and process at their Birmingham site, which houses 8-10 staff, but will be expanding on movement to their new facility in 2020.
- Writing new process for coil manufacturing sector
- Liaising with the coil workshop manager on quality inspections, new process and implementation of new process.
- Understand “Pullouts” and “Shape” of the coiling process
- Previous coil manufacturing/engineering experience
- Experience in improving process and increasing manufacturing output
- Experience in quality inspection of copper density and properties
- Experience and understanding of NRT process and able to write new process
- Previous experience and knowledge/qualifications in writing process + improvements
- Have an understanding of insulation process, coil failure and root coil failure.
Likely Job Titles
Coil engineer, Quality Inspector, Continuous improvement engineer, Continuous improvement specialist, Process improvement engineer, Production Quality Inspector, Quality Control Inspector.