Quality Inspector / Quality Adviser (Sheffield)
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits
Are you looking for the an opportunity to be an "Integral Cog" in the Quality Inspection activities across an established and expanding market leader in their field of Mechanical Engineering ?
Ford & Stanley Ltd, the renowned experts within manufacturing recruitment are working in partnership with a most prestigious component manufacturer to appoint a qualified and experienced Quality Inspector / Quality Adviser.
Due to continued growth the company have an impressive presence within the area - offering superb opportunities for career growth, stability and real earnings potential. The role reports to the Quality Manager.
Candidates residing in such locations as Sheffield, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster etc will find commuting a good proposition. Note you will on occasions be visiting both suppliers and customers.
- Perform routine inspections and tests for attributes and variables on work in progress including; components, sub-assemblies, final assemblies and purchased materials
- Operate effective acceptance and rejection procedures and maintain accurate records
- Issue NCR's
- Conduct PDI's
- Develop and improve quality inspection procedures and work instructions
- Maintain AX ERP system records
- Support the development of Quality Test and Inspection Plans
- Conduct internal audits and assist in the preparation for external audits and visits.
- Perform investigations.
- Assist in QMS/IMS.
- Ensure measuring and monitoring equipment complies with the requirements for calibration to national and international standards.
- Verify products and materials against relevant engineering drawings, specifications, national and international standards, Quality plans and inspection and test plans, as required by contract, procedure or work instruction.
- Lead the inspection and verification of products and materials against relevant engineering drawings, specifications, national and international standards, Quality plans and inspection and test plans, as required by contract, procedure or work instruction.
- Maintain Quality records of all inspections carried out and product status achieved.
- Operate effective acceptance and rejection procedures and maintain accurate records within the Q-Pulse CAPA module.
- Analyse Quality information and issue periodic reports including costs of poor Quality, number, type and the effectiveness of their closure to the facility management team and the Head of Quality.
Experience / Skills / Personal Attributes
- Demonstrate considerable practical knowledge and application of engineering, manufacturing, fabrication and QA procedures
- Knowledge of ISO standards, integrated systems and procedural requirements
- Internal audit 9001 QMS – Certificated by a recognised training body.
- A understanding of EHS regulations and corporate standards is desirable.
- Time served in an engineering discipline essential with C&G 743 desirable
- Knowledge of CNC/NC, CAD/CAM is desirable
- Previous experience of product verification against relevant standards and specifications.
- Sound inspection ability including component measurement and evaluation against specifications, drawings and standards
We are looking to set up first interviews within the first week of November . An offer to the successful applicant will be made within 3 days of interview.
Quality Adviser, Quality Inspector, Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000