Quality Inspector - Rolling Stock (Birmingham)
£25 - £28 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Quality Inspector to join a leading global Rolling Stock Manufacturing company based at their Birmingham depot.
This is an opportunity to work for a company who have become international market leaders in the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for rail systems. The Company has a significant presence throughout the UK.
3 months + (inside IR35 - umbrella pay)
Responsible for processing audits, writing documentation and coordinating activities to ensure that the qualitKey Role and Responsibilitiesy of final-parts, products and sub-assemblies is to the required standards
- Manage quality projects to meet specific customer requirements
- Participate in improvement plans
- Investigate and identify possible risks
- Work towards improving business processes to ensure high quality of products
- Support projects by facilitating adequate communication with all stakeholders
- Assist manufacturing with analysis and problem solving as required
- Conduct analysis to produce indicators, statistics and presentations
- Manage priorities in-line with objectives
- Ensure compliance with all UK HSE legislation and HSE Company policy
- Be fully familiar and conversant with department and Company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are always fully compliant
- Ensure all work carried out is compliant with organisational quality management systems/policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate records are completed and maintained in accordance with procedures in place, and work in progress is communicated to Line Managers and team members
The ideal candidate will ideally have worked in a similar position within Rolling Stock or another highly regulated industry such as Aerospace.
- Qualification in a Technical or Quality discipline
- In-depth experience in a similar role working in a quality-focused industry such as Aerospace, Automotive- however Rolling Stock is preferred
- Excellent IT skills including experience of Microsoft packages including Excel
- Knowledge and experience of promoting safe working practices in a safety critical workplace
Rolling Stock experience is highly desirable