Quantity Surveyor (Derby)
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you a Quantity Surveyor who is motivated by managing complex projects and has the ability to defend the company position?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join a fantastic Railway business. This role will involve in supporting the project management team in providing clear and professional advice. You will be required to 'keep an eye on the number', validate contracts and estimate exciting projects.
Due to continued growth and expansion the company are venturing into a new division in the Rail Industry. This is an opportunity for a driven candidate who has great attention to detail with strong interpersonal skills to join one of the largest and most successful Railway Businesses in the UK. The successful candidate will have the chance to work alongside Project Directors and Project Managers on delivering major transportation projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Dealing with general commercial expectations.
- Ensuring payment on time in line with contractual entitlement.
- Account administration and settlements.
- Contractual documentation management.
- Preparation of monthly project reports and commercial input.
- Subcontract procurement and management.
- Value determination
- Risk Management and calculation.
- Pre-contract commercial activities.
- Change control submissions, monitoring and settlements.
- Extensive contract experience with contract terms and conditions with the ability to advise on legal stand points.
- Experience of managing complex change situations.
- Ability to work as part of a close team to deliver successful project outcomes.
Friday 6th February 2020
Likely Job Titles
Contract Manager, Contractual Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Senior Estimator
- £35,000 - £45,000