Quantity Surveyor (Sheffield)
£30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you a qualified Quantity Surveyor interested in the modernisation of old and listed buildings in the heart of Sheffield?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Cost Manager that will work directly on many of the industry’s highest profile projects and programmes.
This is an opportunity for someone to join a growing consultancy who are the face of the redevelopment in Sheffield.
You will be responsible for advising leading conservators, architects and engineers to ensure that the client and contractor deliver the best value for money from a qualitative and commercial prospective.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Tendering and procuring.
- Dealing with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Liaising with clients at all project stages.
- Producing month post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
You must possess a keen interest and have a good knowledge of construction. It is key that you build strong, professional client relationships and guide contractors and clients through the process on a number of Iconic projects.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality cost management / quantity services across the full project lifecycle.
- Consultancy experience
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying
- Experience of working on a variety of projects
- Significant cost planning experience essential.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- £35,000 - £45,000