Rail Project Manager - Infrastructure
£50,000 - 60,000 per annum railway pension scheme, train travel benefits
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are supporting a train operating company in the Midlands as they look to recruit an experienced civils & infrastructure biased Project Manager to support with ongoing delivery of improvements to their network. The projects are mostly in relation to platform extensions and therefore incorporate such disciplines as track, signalling, telecoms and other systems, so an understanding of multidisciplinary rail projects is key.
General responsibilities include:
- Managing and overseeing the work being done by the primary contractor and any other contractor that may be involved in the projects.
- Regular attendance of meetings with various stakeholders.
- Report writing.
- Site visits.
Experience and knowledge required:
- Recent experience of working on railway station platform extension projects.
- Previous experience of working on multidisciplinary rail projects.
- A thorough understanding of project processes, GRIP stages and being comfortable with report writing.
- Previous experience of management stakeholders including contractors, Network Rail and possibly the Department of Transport would be a distinct advantage.
- Commercially astute, being aware of deadlines and understanding of contract obligations.
- West Midlands
- £45,000 +