Rail Standards Engineer (Derby)
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum (flexible working)
Have you had experience working to BS / EN standards within the Transportation industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are supporting one of our reputable rail consultancies based across the UK to recruit for various levels of Consultants within their Assurance and Standards function.
Taking accountability of your own workload, this role calls for an aspiring / fully fledged consultant who is keen to build a career within the rail industry. You will be integrated into the Assurance team to work on projects with a specific focus on standards and approvals.
Our client has gone through a significant re-structuring which has stabilised it’s mark in the industry with full force. Working with some key industry leaders, you will be responsible in ensuring the current and future success of the organisation’s diverse portfolio of work.
Derby, York, London, Preston
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
- Support the management of projects and deliver work-streams, taking direction from the Project Director when required. Ensure that the work scope of work and time budgets are clear, monitored and managed.
- Engage with clients and show energy and passion for excellence.
- Make sure that risks to delivering to quality, on time and within budget against acceptance criteria are anticipated and managed.
- Initiate timely and accurate invoicing so that invoicing targets are met. Ensure overall client satisfaction targets are met throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support bidding, winning and delivery of projects.
- Keep up to date with technical developments within the industry.
- Create world class reports.
It is imperative in this role that you will have the relevant experience within working to assurance and safety standards (BS / EN). Having been working in a similar position for the past 5 years, you can clearly demonstrate the ability to work consistently alone and as part of a wider team. Personality wise, this is a customer facing position, so clear and concise communicative and personal qualities will be taken into account alongside technical knowledge and relevant industry experience.
Qualifications / Experience
- Engineering qualification, or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrable experience of working to BS / EN Standards (essential)
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment and/ or delivering on engineering design projects in the field of passenger or freight rolling stock. Candidates with similar experience, and who have the competencies to cross train will be considered.
- Can demonstrate a knowledge of some, or all the railway sector, its structure, engineering disciplines, major stakeholders and use of standards and assurance regimes.
- Strong skills in Excel and other analytic packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with many audiences.
- A visible passion for the rail industry.
- Flexibility to travel in the UK and short durations overseas if required.
21st January 2019
Likely Job Titles
Standards Engineer, Assurance Engineer, Rolling Stock Engineer
- £45,000 +