R&D Analyst (London)
Ford and Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting on behalf of a well-established British Standards Board who are seeking a R&D Analyst.
The role will see the applicant joining the analyst team in the R&D department at RSSB. The team undertakes a wide range of analytical tasks, including:
- Developing the case for research for new projects;
- Developing detailed assessments of existing knowledge;
- Undertaking the review and assessment of industry implementation of projects.
- The work will be focussed on the definition of new research through the development of detailed technical specifications against which new opportunities will be tendered, alongside the production of the associated RSSB governance documentation. The role will be working alongside the appropriate technical specialists and project managers. The expectation that there will be flexibility in the activities undertaken to make the most of the skills and experience of the candidate.
The role will require building an understanding of the rail research landscape and applying proportionate support to individual tasks depending on their size and criticality. Guidance on activities to be undertaken will be provided, with the aim being for the candidate to move quickly to a level of autonomy. There will be close working with other team members, as well as engaging with industry stakeholders, over the phone and in meetings.
To be successful in the role skills and capabilities the candidate will bring:
- A science or economics degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The capability to gather, structure and analyse both qualitative and quantitative intelligence
- An aptitude for quickly understanding new concepts including those of a technical or engineering nature
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Have strong organisational skills.