Regional Engineering Manager (Birmingham)
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus a Company Car
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced manager with a background in heavy engineering to cover the Southern region of a major freight operations company.
Working within a recognised Rail Freight Operator, our client is seeking an individual to use their experience in man management to oversee the operations of the busy freight terminals in the South. This role is ideal for a man manager who thrives on getting the best from their employees with a passion and vision of delivering health and safety initiatives in a proactive way.
Recognised as a senior figure within a close-knit environment, you will prioritise employee engagement and ensure the deliverables and maintenance of this terminal is consistently achieving their KPIs and measurable successes.
Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and supervision to the Engineering team
- Adhere to company compliance procedures as they relate to H&S, Environmental and Security, participating in regular safety walks and site(s) inspections;
- Lead and manage the organisation ensuring efficiency and competence to fulfil the required activities.
- Prepare and submit budgets for the site(s), as required
- Manage the operational performance of the site(s) to budgetary requirements
Our client is seeking a man manager who has demonstrable operations experience and a willingness to gets hands on with the role. As this is a position in which you will be managing different personalities and working ethics, you need to have compassion whilst ensuring the safe and smooth running of the operations on a day to day basis.
With such, requires a “lead from the front” approach, you will be a key driving figure in maintaining the health and safety of all staff under your reporting line. It is important you can be flexible as well as adaptable as this is a 24-hour operation which means some degree of flexibility is required for the role.
- Previous managerial experience in a heavy engineering environment with exposure to cranes and heavy machinery
- Minimum of an HNC (or equivalent) in either electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Health & Safety qualification (preferred)
10th Jan 2020
Likely Job Titles
Site Manager, Engineering Manager, Depot Manager
- £45,000 +