Resident Engineer (Wales)
£80,000 - £95,000 per annum plus all travel expenses included
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting on behalf of a rail franchise that sees excellence in project management process and stakeholder management as the key to keeping promises made for the delivery of a major schedule of engineering works in the West Midlands area.
Due to the continued expansion of the business and the recent wins of high profile projects, the organisation is expanding at a rapid rate. This is an opportunity to represent our Client at their franchisee’s site in Spain, where their new trains will be designed, manufactured and maintained. You will have an onsite presence to ensure projects are being completed to the required standard within the specified time periods to ensure completion dates are achieved. You will report back to the UK any issues/concerns to prevent financial impacts occurring. You will have a basic understanding of Spanish (do not have to be fluent).
Please note: 2 or 3 days of your working week will be spent in Spain onsite, you will also be required to visit their site in Wales for 1 or 2 days per week, for the remainder of your time you are able to work remotely from home. You will manage your own diary and have a designated colleague who will book your travel in advance through our client’s internal system. Initial training will be carried out in Birmingham.
Training/Interviews will be carried out in central Birmingham.
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out formal and informal inspections to agreed specifications of all systems and features of the vehicles
- Carry out process audits, ensure actions and recommendations are actioned
- Attend factory and routine tests to ensure these are conducted in line with the agreed procedures
- Provide day to day representation of the project in the supplier’s facilities to support the project manager and project engineer
- Produce regular reports on build and test progress/quality/conformance. Identify key risks and monitor performance
- Develop working practices, processes, inspection regimes and quality standards with the supplier and support the project manager in agreeing these with the clients
- Attend contract review meetings
- Complete pre-provisional acceptance inspections
- Vehicle documentation inspections
- Witness dynamic testing
The ideal candidate will have a Rail background or have worked with heavy duty vehicles (buses, planes etc.) carrying out quality inspections within a manufacturing environment for a minimum of 2 years. You will have an engineering background with a relevant qualification (does not have to be a degree).
- Able to understand Spanish to at least a basic level
- Engineering knowledge- Engineering Qualification
- Sound understanding of quality inspection processes
- Manufacturing process experience
- Standards management experience
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively
- Decision maker, capable of working on own initiative
- Ability to travel and be away from home at least 3 nights per week
- Rail vehicle inspection experience is highly desirable
- Project Management experience
Friday 14th September
- £45,000 +