RF/ Microwave Design – Testing Engineer (Edinburgh)
£30,000 - £60,000 per annum
Are you an experienced RF/ Microwave Design – Testing Engineer expert looking for a fresh opportunity?
Ford & Stanley - Are recruiting a RF/ Microwave Design – Testing Engineer on a permanent basis for a global engineering organisation, who are focused on delivering engineering services. My client specialises in product engineering across industries such as Defence, Hi-Tech and transportation.
Role and Responsibilities
The RF/Microwave engineer would be part of the customer team designing/ testing RF/ Microwave equipment for multiple applications.
- Support customer design team involved in RF/ Microwave design and development
- Support to manufacture
- Support from requirements capture to design verification
- Practical design experience of some of the following; Microwave PCB materials & design techniques; Microwave Sub-System Design; Knowledge of microwave power amplifier design & technology; Design of complex microwave switch matrix; Application of microwave GaAs/GaN MMIC; Design of complex passive microwave structures; EM 3D and 2D simulation techniques; Non-linear circuit simulation; Microwave component selection
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical documentation
- Familiar with current industry standard CAD tools
- Knowledge of AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab and CST Microwave Studio
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience of solving problems in a design and development context
As this company falls within the defence sector on candidates with British Citizenship are permitted to apply. The successful candidate will ideally come from an electrical engineering background. This position is an urgent requirement for my client and will continue recruiting through the current crisis.
Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
Friday 27th March
- £45,000 +