Rolling Stock Electrical Engineer (Birmingham)
£40 - £45 per hour
Are you an Electrical Engineer who has worked extensively on Rolling Stock? Are you interested in joining a forward-thinking business who have recently launched a new division focusing on the development of new, hybrid technologies to modify existing Rolling Stock?
Ford & Stanley, The Rail Recruitment Specialists are working with an innovative business in the Midlands who require an experienced, Rolling Stock Electrical Engineer on a contract basis to undertake the engineering required to integrate various enhancements onto rolling stock under turnkey projects. There is also the opportunity to work on industry leading hybrid conversion projects that will look at Electric to Electric-Diesel powered, Diesel to Electric-Diesel powered, Electric to Electric-Battery powered, Diesel to Battery-Diesel powered and Hydrogen powered vehicles.
Role and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock
- Manage engineering solutions supporting the Head of Engineering
- Produce non-drawing technical documentation
- Undertake vehicle surveys
- Provide technical support to the procurement team
- Ensure compliance with relevant rail standards
You will have over 5 years (experience in a Rolling Stock environment with excellent turnkey integration skills. You will have a detailed understanding of systems such as Brakes, Sanding and Traction systems to enable you to 'hit the ground running.'
- Engineering qualification (degree level) or equivalent industry experience
- Competent technical report writer
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering skills
- At least 5 years previous experience working on Rolling Stock