Rolling Stock Engineer (Leeds)
£54,500 per annum plus company car
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced Fleet Engineer for a recognised operator based in Leeds who is seeking the next step in their rail career.
Our client – a reputable rail operator is renowned for their expertise within rolling stock. They are currently seeking an experienced rolling stock engineer, knowledgeable within diesel engines to become an integral member of the engineering function.
In recent years, this particular area of the business has been given further investment from their parent company which has meant that you are surrounded by industry leaders who are committed to ensuring you are continuously developed and supported. As you will be in a relatively close-knit team, you will have a direct influence over the success of this function.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Senior Rolling Stock Engineer in the technical management of the Diesel Locomotive fleet.
- Act as the one point of contact for the performance of the Diesel Locomotive fleet including, safety, reliability, availability and cost saving initiatives.
- Undertake management of technical projects that deliver improved reliability, or reduced maintenance costs, in line with business requirements.
- Assist the materials manager in technical aspects of materials procurement to ensure adherence to Railway Group and company standards. Provide technical advice to facilitate timely supply of material.
- Ensure the continued compliance of the maintenance specifications of the Traction and Rolling Stock to Railway Group and statutory standards.
- Undertake detailed analysis of T&RS performance data to identify trends, and liase with the appropriate personnel to reverse adverse trends. Implement changes to maintenance regimes where appropriate.
- Ensure that the maintenance and competency standards are appropriate for the maintenance of the rolling stock fleet for the prevailing level of utilisation, and develop new ones where necessary.
Our client is seeking an engineer who has experience in a similar role who demonstrates key technical skills as well as commercial acumen within a product environment. You will need to be able to hit the ground running as you will be responsible for direct reports as well as ability to develop maintenance strategies. A confident communicator with and engineering background who is seeking a step up in responsibilities will be an ideal fit for this role.
- Extensive experience within rolling stock, 5 years+
- Background working on diesel engines
- Experience of devising new maintenance or overhaul regimes.
- Ability to assess assignment risks and how they can be managed (including technical, contractual and financial)
- Excellent communication skills, and in particular the ability to write with clear and concise text
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
- A degree within an engineering discipline would be preferred, however candidates demonstrating strong industry experience will be considered.
- Experience in a supervisory or man-management and the ability to make sound engineering decisions.
14th September 2018
Likely Job Titles
Fleet Maintenance, Asset Maintenance, Maintenance Optimisation, Rolling Stock Engineer, Reliability Engineer
- £45,000 +