Rolling Stock Engineer (Nottingham)
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Experts are looking to recruit an experienced tram technical manager to join a major tram operator in Nottingham you will be working in a close knit and highly motivated team. This role is a key contributor to supporting our clients s desire to offer the most reliable urban public transport system in the UK. You will provide our clients technical leadership for our Incentro and Citadis fleet to our relationship with our tram maintenance provider.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily service delivery of the trams and tram cleaning.
- Ensure that technical standards, maintenance practices and cleaning activities are complied with and that the safety of staff and passengers is given utmost priority by cultivating and promoting a strong safety culture – both on and off track.
- Ensure effective audit and performance management mechanisms are established and undertake regular audits of tram maintenance and tram cleaning contractor’s systems, processes and service delivery to ensure activities are safe, cost-effective and meet the obligations of our clients operating contract.
- Work closely with (our maintenance partner) to consistently deliver a safe, high quality and reliable tram service, providing the link between our client’s Operations team and the maintenance partners.
- Work with the maintenance partner to identify modifications and improvements of the trams and the tram maintenance regime.
- Provide reliability analysis and technical leadership to our maintenance provider and to NTL and monitor the tram reliability and availability performance.
- Ensure tram maintenance activities as determined within the tram maintenance contract are undertaken in accordance with vehicle lifecycle plans.
- Lead investigations into any technical matters and review and approve changes to maintenance standards, processes and procedures for tram vehicles based on sound engineering practices.
- Chair regular review meetings with the contracted parties.
- Review invoices to ensure accuracy and approval of contract variations (where appropriate) and agree failure allocations.
Experience and Essential skills
Major manufacturer, tram system or TOC experience in managing and delivering train/tram services.
- Understand electrical schematics and engineering drawings.
- Experience of maintenance management systems (i.e. SAP, Maximo etc)
- Good knowledge of current rail/tram technical standards and legislation.
- Experience of working within a train/tram depot.
- Experience in managing contracts with suppliers.
- Excellent skills in data analysis and MS Excel.
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously.
- BEng or equivalent.
- CEng or working towards.
- £45,000 +