Rolling Stock Technical Trainer (Stoke-on-Trent)
Technical Trainer - Permanent - Rolling Stock - Progression opportunity - Great company benefits!
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Rolling Stock Reliability & Technical Trainer to join a leading Train Company in Stoke on Trent
This is a great opportunity to work for a company who look after their employees.
You will be responsible for the training and development of a number of apprentice technicians and also maintenance technician that are fully qualified. This is a perfect position for someone that want's to give their knowledge back and have the chance to progress through the company. You will be mindful of ensuring safety, environmental, quality and performance. You will be the subject matter expert responsible for delivering best in class training and certification of competence within a railway engineering environment.
Stoke on Trent , Crewe & Nottingham
Key Role and Responsibilities
- The main aspect of this role will be to assist in managerial duties ensuring that the site is maintained in a safe, clean and tidy manner always.
- Using best practice methodologies, deliver training and competency assessments ensuring co-ordination and implementation of regulatory certification of competence and relevant Company standards, external accreditation standards, industry codes of practice, strategies and policies significant to the safe use, operation, assembly and maintenance of rolling stock.
- Carry out a risk-based training needs analysis based on business needs, statutory requirements and succession planning for all staff.
- Help deliver continuous improvement in all areas, evaluating training delivery and appraisal programmes and applying lean methodologies to ensure successful outcome.
- You will report to both the Training and Development Manager and the Production Delivery Manager.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced Rolling Stock trainer/assessor who can join the company and hit the ground running. You will have had experience in managing the learning, development and competency of staff to ensure that safety is paramount to all activities.
- Mechanical or Electrical Apprenticeship or equivalent
- City & Guilds Trainer qualification or equivalent.
- City & Guilds A1 Assessor qualification or equivalent.
- TAQA qualification
- Significant working experience in a similar level role in a rail engineering environment with an excellent knowledge of Testing or Maintenance activities.
Other job titles
Rolling stock trainer/assessor, Freight maintenance trainer/Assessor, Freight engineering competency manager, Training & Competence Coordinator.