Safety/Reliability Engineer (Derby)
£40,000 - £58,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting Safety & Reliability Engineers for a global rail organisation based in Derby.
We are working with the World’s leading manufacturer of trains who go the extra mile to ensure millions of people travel safely and reliably everywhere around the UK every day. We have an opportunity for a Safety or Reliability Engineer who is keen to develop their existing skill set to develop into a Safety and Reliability Engineer, playing a key part in ensuring Trains perform to the required standards. This individual will be responsible for ensuring entire fleets of trains are both reliable and safe.
Role and Responsibilities
- Performance of reliability and safety assessments associated with the defined role to achieve timely designs to enable Trains to enter passenger service
- Maintenance of a detailed plan and budget for undertaken work
- Support development and production of National/European standards and processes for the management of reliability and safety
- Provide a source of expertise and advice to other members of the Product Safety and Reliability department
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an experienced Reliability or Safety Engineer with over 3-years’ experience in a high integrity engineering environment. You will have an objective, resourceful mindset with the willingness to learn and develop your existing skills.
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience in a reliability role, in a high integrity engineering environment (such as Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas or Rail)
- Engineering qualification
- Knowledge and experience of reliability/safety techniques
- Experience of System Integration
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Fault tree analysis (FTA) experience
- Rail experience
- Knowledge and experience of safety techniques
- FRACAS techniques
- Functional FMEA experience
Friday 9th November
Likely Job Titles
Safety Engineer, Reliability Engineer, RAMS Engineer, Safety and Reliability Engineer.
- £45,000 +