Sales Executive (Sandiacre)
£40,000 - £42,000 per annum
Do you thrive in a sales driven environment?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced Sales Executive on behalf of a leading Rail supplier based in Nottingham who specialise in providing cutting edge solutions and products for the rail industry.
You will be responsible in delivering sales growth to all areas of the business by being an astute account manager who recognises that developing relationships are key in ensuring repeated business.
Offering the successful candidate, the chance to join a heavily invested business, you will have the opportunity to be autonomous in your working life. With a clear focus on innovation you will be joining an organisation that welcomes creativity, and heavily emphasises proactive support for personal and professional development.
Role and Responsibilities
- Key Customer interface (delivery) for developed relationships (contract/agreed delivery plan) providing updates and negotiating changes to optimise internal and external outcomes (Account Management)
- Acceptance of customer orders into the delivery plan – providing appropriate specification/requirements information to support Production (Engineering and Supply Chain)
- Internal customer to production to drive delivery performance to agreed plan
- Daily/weekly contract/project/account review internal and external (frequencies as appropriate)
- Responsible for developing new customers and markets through proactive and sustained contact
- Close working with supply chain (planning/logistics) personnel to optimise customer requirements
- Management of variations to order and associated cost.
- Actively engage customers to understand their value drivers and bid winning requirements.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate at least 5 years’ experience in a sales driven environment in which they have met and exceeded growth targets. You will have to be a tenacious character who can develop and maintain close working relationships with ease. As a natural communicator, you will liaise internally and externally with suppliers to achieve 2019’s growth ambitions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Graduate with a Business or Engineering degree – preferred
- Successful experience of defining and deploying sales and marketing strategies for new products in new markets
- Ability to define market segments and targets for business development
- Ability to listen to customers, assess their needs and develop plans products and services to meet them
- Ability to make initial unbidden contact with potential clients
- Ability to rapidly learn new technology and engineering concepts and effectively communicate them to the team and customers
- Ability to develop business cases
- Commercial acumen
- Strong IT Skills (MS OFFICE, Salesforce,)
- UK Driver’s License – Own car with business insurance
Likely Job Titles
Customer Account Manager, Sales Coordinator, Business Development Manager
- £35,000 - £45,000