£30,000 - 40,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – Specialists in Rail Recruitment are working exclusively with our trusted SME client in Derby to secure an out and out sales professional who can further build upon an already successful foundation within the rail space.
We have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager (Sales Manager) to join an organisation which currently boasts a turnover of £10million with realistic ambition and pipeline to achieve £12million within the next 12 months and this is viewed as key appointment in achieving this.
With a diversity of products, services and revenue streams to take to market underpinned by a strong brand/reputation and existing strong network of relationships and contacts yet untapped, the BDM/Sales Manager will take ownership of the sales strategy for the UK and drive it forward by opening new doors / unlocking opportunity, building new relationships/reigniting old, negotiating, and closing deals. This is not a relationship manager with a long term view towards pipeline, this is a sales manager who can and will capitalise on current opportunities and bring in work/get after it.
With our clients current portfolio and market position it is expected that the right candidate will be able to take full advantage of the earning potential in this role (2% of invoiced sales bonus capped at £30k on top of the base salary + Car). Important to highlight, the business has managed £8m in sales so far this year without a sales person dedicated to the job…
As the role is UK wide, travel is to be expected as standard. This is not a 9-5 and will require regular going above and beyond which will be well rewarded…
Derby based offices. Allowing for remote working, working client side, from home as needed. A good salesperson is usually out on the road Mon-Thurs and on a Friday at the home office doing their admin and preparation etc. Expected the candidate will live in the midlands.
We are looking for a candidate who has a track record within sales, someone who is able to work hard to further expand the business presence, reputation and pipeline of opportunity by way of the 6 revenue streams the business specialises in (both products and services).
- The successful candidate does not have to come from rail, we are recruiting on the right personality and attributes who can apply themselves to the Rail space.
- Strong sales background – opening new doors, negotiating, and closing deals
- Willingness to conduct regular business travel nationwide and work to the demands of the job (not a 9-5)
- Strong client facing, hands on approach, roll up the sleeves job.
- Engineering background / Rail / Manufacturing / Automotive / Freight desirable
- Experience of working within an SME environment
- Experience of selling both products AND services (or ability to)
- £35,000 - £45,000