Senior Automation Test Engineer (Sheffield)
Are you an experienced Automation Test Engineer? Looking to utilize your skills and experience and move into a senior position within an award-winning software company that is making waves across the global rail market?
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Rail Specialists are looking for a senior Test engineer to join their client’s team in Sheffield, the successful candidate will have a real impact in the way that testing is carried out within the business.
The Senior QA Engineer position provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual who relishes the opportunity to help shape testing.
The core aspect of the role will involve helping to estimate, plan, coordinate and execute both functional and non-functional testing activities on projects, providing visibility to the project team of any quality issues. You will ensure that quality issues and defects are identified, documented and tracked
The role is quite varied and will at times also involve; writing automated UI tests, running UAT sessions on client site, demonstrating applications to prospective clients, mentoring junior members of staff, and occasionally running scrums and running bug triaging sessions.
As a Senior QA Engineer you will carry out a variety of tasks including
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed and comprehensive test artifacts appropriate to the application under test.
- Estimating, prioritising, planning, coordinating, and executing both Functional and Non-Functional testing activities on web, iOS and Android applications.
- Identifying, recording and documenting defects and quality issues
- Writing and maintaining automated web UI test.
- Mentoring and support junior members of staff
- Demonstration applications to potential clients
- Planning and running UAT sessions on client site.
Training, Experience and Qualifications Required
- A recognised qualification in computing (Degree/HNC/Diploma) or equivalent work experience.
- 4 + years’ experience working in a QA/Test Engineer role.
- Experience of Testing complex web, iOS and Android applications.
- Multiple test techniques including; Exploratory Testing, Session Based Test Management and Regression Testing.
- Non-Functional Testing (Load, Performance, Stress etc.).
- Producing and working with; Test Charters, Oracles, Heuristics, Test Plans, Test Cases and other test artefacts.
- Implementing new testing processes and ways of working within a QA team.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of staff.
- Shifting testing left.
- Working closely with key stakeholders, including clients, Product Owners, Project Managers and developers.
- Working with Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid development methodologies
Desirable training, experience and qualifications
- Experience with mobile and web application design and development.
- Experience writing and maintaining web UI automation tests (Ideally in Java, Selenium and Cucumber).
- Experience writing automated UI Tests for iOS applications
- Experience of using Git for version control.
- Experience with Security Testing.
- Be able to read and interpret source code written in C#.
- Experience with API testing.
- ISTQB Foundation or higher Qualification
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of the following tools:
- OWASP ZAP