£40,000 - 45,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Senior Buyer with a background in manufacturing, preferably within Rail, Aerospace/Aviation or other heavy engineering environments?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Experts are recruiting a Senior Buyer for an international market leader in the Rail sector. The ideal Buyer needs to have leadership qualities as they will be supporting to grow a young procurement team.
As the Senior buyer you will be responsible for ensuring external and internal customer requirements for product sourcing to the supply chain are met in a timely manner, ensuring requirements for product pricing, quality and delivery are improved to meet business needs and targets.
This will be a home based role with occasional travel into the office in Newport.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Purchasing Manager in the procurement of all manufactured materials from the external supply chain.
- Implement commodity strategies targeting productivity and supplier rationalisation for direct material.
- Request and analyse quotations, negotiate prices and select suppliers.
- Lead meetings with suppliers and maintain strong relationships with the supply base.
- Be full conversant with compliance.
- Other ad-hoc duties and work on special projects when required.
Essential skills and experiences:
- Must be from a manufacturing background
- 6 years + strong purchasing and supply chain background
- Track record of supplier performance improvement in all aspects of QDR – Quality, Delivery & Relationship
- Track record of cost reduction
Desirable skills and experiences:
- MCIPS or CIPS qualified
- £35,000 - £45,000