Senior Commercial Manager (Birmingham)
Ford & Stanley are recruiting an experienced Commercial Manager to manage all aspects of commercial leadership and technical support to a current and developing team.
My client is in need of an senior commercial manager to grow an internal team and negotiate commercial functions on upcoming rail projects. They are an innovative rail consultancy that challenges existing processes and procedures within the rail industry. They are unique as they strive to deliver an excellent but 'tell it how it is' service to their clients. As the business has grown, the commercial logistics are of projects is becoming increasingly more demanding, they need a commercial manager to take the reins and spearhead this domain.
- To lead a team in providing excellence in commercial services for internal and external customers.
- To manage commercial resource demands, allocating and prioritising workload among team members.
- To develop team and to provide mentoring support to help them achieve their objectives.
- To provide procurement advice and work with customers to develop estimates, tender documentation, process and evaluation tools.
- To provide technical support on contract interpretation, negotiation and wider commercial strategies for internal and external customers.
- To lead and continuously improve change management, commercial forecasting and reporting, working closely with other functions.
- Good appreciation of rail industry estimating including dealing with ambiguity and opportunity in early development of proposals and funding streams.
Likely Job Titles
Commercial Manager, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Director