Senior Communications Officer (London)
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a Senior Communications Officer to support a train operating company to ensure their sterling reputation is witheld.
This is an ideal opportunity to support a train operating company who are operating a restricted timetable service for 16-days during the summer in order to carry out vital engineering works. You will ensure that customers, staff and stake holders are fully informed of the changes to the train times during this period and to ensure their reputation is witheld.
Role & responsibilities
- Develop the existing communications strategy for the Restricted Timetable project and lead on its delivery and implementation
- Customer communications to include: project overview; messaging and FAQ content for website and social media; developing bespoke detailed information for each of 26 stations; messaging for posters, leaflets, customer relations responses and other customer-facing content
- Internal comms to include: project overview; messaging and FAQ content for intranet; bespoke detailed information for staff at each of 26 stations, plus drivers, and HQ volunteers
- Media comms to include: press releases and other proactive media activity; reactive media activity; and interview briefings for senior staff
- Stakeholder comms include: liaison with TfL, MPs, local authorities, local schools and other appropriate stakeholders
- Manage agency support/staff for the distribution of comms materials as appropriate
10weeks, must be able to start the position on 3rd June.
Working from home is possible but a minimum of attending the office once a week. You may be required to be based in the office during the 16-day restricted timetable period. Flexible working considered, such as working 4 days per week.
The ideal candidate will have previous Rail experience to enable them to have a good understanding of what the role will entail.
- Previous Railway experience/knowledge is highly desirable
- Appreciation of the seriousness of this role
- Experience carrying out a similar position
- Excellent stake holder management skills